Momentum Country and Global Leadership in Nigeria
MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership supports governments, local partners, and initiatives at national and international levels to advance technical leadership and improve health care for women and children. In Nigeria, the project will address drivers of child, early, and forced marriage, and help prevent and reduce the impact of violence against women and girls, also known as gender-based violence (GBV).
This new activity from USAID will strengthen gender-based violence response mechanisms, help communities transform discriminatory gender and social norms that continue to subordinate women and make them vulnerable, and uphold and defend women’s health and human rights.
MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership partners with Nana Girls and Women Empowerment Initiative to:
- Prevent violence against women and girls and mitigate its consequences.
- Address the causes of child, early, and forced marriages.
- Help young women begin using voluntary contraception as early as possible to avoid adolescent pregnancy.
- Build capacities of facilities to identify, manage, and refer cases of violence against women and girls.
- Contribute to a strengthened GBV referral net